Depending on the make/model of the receipt printer and the version of your operating system, you may need to add your receipt printer as a generic text only driver printer.
Procedure for setting up a Generic / Text Only printer
- Go to your printers in Windows, add new printer.
- Choose local printer, choose the correct connection either USB or LPT for older printers
- Select "Generic" as the Manufacturer and "Generic /Text only" as the Printer
- Once installed, you must now create a form for the Generic Text Only printer to use
- In Windows 7 and up click on the Generic Text/Only Printer and it should display Printer Server Properties. If it does not, tap the ALT key to bring up the alternate menu bar
- Name the form 0 (zero) 0Seo, and use setting 3 inch width and 1 inch height. Save form and close
- Once the form is created, you must now apply the form to your Generic Text / Only printer
- Right click the Generic Printer and go to Properties and then Device Settings
- Select the 0Seo at top of the list and select for all 3 fields...
- Go to tab General tab and select Preferences
- Next select the Advanced button
- Change the paper size to 0seo
- Click apply and close all open boxes
- Now that your printer is setup, launch Workflows, then to Preference >> Peripherals >> Receipt Printer
- Check Receipt printer available then select the Generic Text / Only printer you just created
- Check the box No Builtin raster driver,cut paper supported, and Form feed supported and make sure the ASCII sequences match the image below:
- The last octet of the Form feed supported of "20" determines the footer length