There are two methods to retrieve items that are missing:
What to do: Each month, library staff is expected to look for lost items in the stacks. For any items found, please scan the item ID in the Checkin Wizard to remove the item from the user account.
There are two reports for LOST items in BCA.
- LOST ITEMS REPORT: Provides a list of lost items with an optional date filter.
- LOST ITEMS REPORT - PREVIOUS MONTH: Provides a list of lost items that became lost in the previous month.
1. Locate the appropriate LOST ITEMS REPORT in BlueCloud Analytics in the BCA OHIO>Shared Reports>SEO REPORTS>MAINTENANCE folder.
2. In the prompts, click on your library code and single chevron arrow to bring the library to the selected column.
3. Input any optional filters, if necessary.
4. Click Run Report.
5. Print or export the report as desired. More instructions on using BlueCloud Analytics can be found in this knowledge base article.
Item Group Editor
1. In the Item Group Editor Wizard (TECH & MANAGER logins only), input your library code in the Library field.
2. For a list of assumed lost items, input LOST-ASSUM in the Current location field.
For a list of claimed lost items, input LOST-CLAIM in the Current location field.
For both assumed and claimed lost items, input LOST-ASSUM|LOST-CLAIM in the Current location field.
3. Input a last activity date using the gadget, if desired.
4. Click Search.
5. A list of lost items will be returned. You can print the list by going to File-->Print Screen.